I first saw the Sunnies Face Airblush ads on Saturday, and although I was curious, I had no intentions of getting the Airblush anytime soon as I figured the lines would be very long on their opening day/week but when a friend and I passed by their Glorietta branch on Sunday, there were no waiting lines! I initially wanted Moon (toasty rose) but upon swatching, I realized I had other blushes that were similar to it. Doll (carnation pink), Peached (fresh peach) and Biscuit (warm nude) were too light for me. That left me with Disco (poppy red) or Razz (vibrant berry), and I ended up choosing Disco… but while waiting in line to pay, I couldn’t stop looking at the swatch of Razz on my hand so I bit the bullet and got that too – LOL talk about low EQ!
I haven’t been able to do a full test on these, but I thought I’d share with you my initial thoughts and first impressions.
- The packaging is very sleek and feels very nice to touch. It’s feels like a soft matte plastic. It kind of reminds me of the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush packaging.
- The color range is nice because they have various shades that will suit different skin tones.
- It feels very velvety. I really enjoyed swatching these because they were so smooth and soft – very easy to blend. The product claims to provide sheer but buildable tint, and I found that to be true.
- It has no scent, which is great for folks with sensitive noses and allergies.
- While it is marketed as a cheek tint, these would work well for the eyes. I also tried it on my lips and it worked nicely too.
- VERY lightweight. It doesn’t feel like you have anything on your skin.
- You know how other cheek tints, if you don’t blend fast enough, leave a mark that’s so hard to blend out? You wont get that with these!
- I like that they print the Manufacturing Date and Expiration Date on the box. The one that I have, it was made on April 13 2019, and will expire on April 13, 2022.
- If you do not have super smooth skin, this will cling to your dry spots and blemishes so I think a base is a must for this – even just moisturizer or tinted SPF.
- Priced at Php445.00 for 2.5grams, it is not the most affordable cheek tint option. You are basically paying Php178.00 per gram. To help you visualize, 1 gram is about the weight of 1 small metal paperclip.
These are my first Sunnies Face products, and I am happy to see that they are Cruelty Free, and Paraben Free as well! I initially thought that between the two, I would like Disco more, but surprisingly, Razz takes the top spot for me.
I will be testing these more in the coming days to see how long it lasts on the skin, how it blends with full-on make up, what it looks and feels like when powdered, etc, but based off of my initial swatches and “quick tests”, these are very promising!
You can check the Airblush line yourself at Sunnies Face Stores, or you can get them on Lazada as well. Can I just say, I was very surprised that there was no waiting line at Glorietta on the day of the release (I was there at around 5PM)! Very different from previous releases where the lines were insane. Maybe most people are opting to buy online, or maybe Sunnies Face made improvements to their logistics? Either way, I was happy there were no lines ‘cos I was able to get my hands on these! 🙂